Thursday, March 24, 2011

This is my Great Grandma!!  At the age of 90 she made my daughter a quilt when she was born.  She also crocheted her a kitty cat that went everywhere. I so wish I knew the value of heirlooms then.  The quilt was nothing special...squares of flannel sewn together and then tied but, those hands were special.  I think about this face and remember her sweetness and her hands always busy crocheting something.  She is now making heavenly quilts for all to see when one day we walk through those gates.  Miss you sweet Grandma.....
   These little cuties are my cousins wearing my first project in 7th Grade Sewing Class.  Oh my 45 years ago.  I later made a pleated shirt with boxed and knife pleats.  Memories.  Let me know about your first project.

No comments:

Post a Comment